Thursday, June 18, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Last weekend, Philip surprised me with the idea of going out to the Four Seasons for a night! As one of my "happy places," this girl wasn't going to turn down that offer! So, we packed up and headed out there Saturday afternoon for rest, relaxation, fun, and uninterupted family time. And, needless to say, we had a great time--lounging by the pool, splashing in the water, and just hanging out and playing with Cooper. No worrying about laundry or errands or working around the house. Just time together.





Time to head to the pool. We found a great little area in the shade, so we were able to stay outside for awhile. And, Coop did great! He ate outside, played, took a nap. Now, that's not to say that it wasn't difficult juggling him and all the gear and trying to sit and read a magazine for five mintues. It was hard, and it really made me realize...not that I didn't know before...that our lives have changed! Every aspect. But, you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way!!
Cooper loves the water and his little turtle floatie!

My boys.


Time to check out the waterfall. Cooper kept putting his hand through the water and was drenched by the time they got back to me!


My little angel.

Yep, he likes to read while lounging, too.



I love you, Cooper and Philip! Thanks for a fun, fun weekend!

2 comments:

Ann said...

OMG. Seriously. So. Cute.

Ok, I have lots to say:
1. Did the baby get his own welcome basket?? That's quite a stay!
2. For a slip second I thought I was looking at myself in top right picture where you're in the background. Crazy. I've never seen it before! The resemblance.
3. The kid absolutely changes evey day!! I just can't believe how much more every day he looks like a little boy!

Mommy Love said...

what fun! we're headed to the same place this weekend!! no baby tho... not sure what we will do w/ ourselves?! our first 20 minute away get-away! haha. glad you had fun. looks like cooper got the royal treatment! ;-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...