Saturday, January 16, 2010

Celebrating 16 Months

I realized that I haven't written much about being home full-time with Cooper. It's been just over five months, which I can't believe. It's flown by just like everything in my life these days. But, I can officially say it's been an amazing five months and just what we all needed. Yes, I miss SWA and I miss my friends (terribly!) and I miss being a part of that "family" but, all in all, I feel good about the decision we made to walk away from the great thing I had going and stay at home to raise my little monkey. The fact that I am there to feed him lunch, put him down for a nap, sit down and play, and yes, even change all his diapers, means the world to me. And, really, I don't think I would appreciate it as much as I do if I hadn't gone back to work and experienced that daily life without him.

It's taken me several months to get into a routine, but I finally feel like we are there. We have fun outings two to three times a week, like neighborhood playgroups, Gymboree, playing at the park, getting together with a friend. And, I'm working on getting my dinner routine down. I've been trying to set goals about making a delicious and healthy dinner for us all at least three nights a week, as opposed to just a quick dinner I've thrown together. I've always loved cooking, so I'm really enjoying this time to create meals for the week and cook away!
So, my little man is 16 months, and he's a blast! Here are 16 fun facts about Cooper:
  1. He will happily tell you that a cow says "mmooo" and Santa says "ho ho"
  2. He knows where his nose, mouth, head, ear, tummy, eyes, and feet are
  3. He's doing great with his sign language--milk, more, eat, please, finished, blankie
  4. He's still a great eater and loves his milk
  5. Drake is officially his best friend and can make the biggest tears go away
  6. He's a great sleeper (finally!)--13 hours at night and a 2 1/2-3 hour nap during the day
  7. He loves books and balls
  8. He talks nonstop and loves to explore
  9. He is silly, silly and has a laugh that melts my heart
  10. He is all boy--rough, tough, and enjoys a good football game
  11. His favorite words include: go, ball, light, hot, drake, kitty, cheese
  12. He sometimes starts walking faster than his little body can go and laughs at himself
  13. He is great at independent play. Getting into his own little world and creating his own fun.
  14. He loves for feet to tickle him. He will sit at your feet, take your shoes off, tickle your toes to his tummy, and laugh, laugh, laugh!
  15. He doesn't watch tv, but will glance over when Sesame Street or Handy Manny is on
  16. He loves to dance to Willie Nelson and already developing some signature moves!

2 comments:

Diana said...

I like #9

Mommy Love said...

i'm loving that little 16 month old! what a smile and those dance moves have got to be a hoot to see, i luv the fishy face that probably goes along with his cool dance moves! this age is a barrel of fun and it just gets better and funnier all the time. btw, i keep forgetting to tell you that the post about Cooper crawling thru the cabinets is the best post ever! the curiosity of a toddler cracks me up! love ya'll... :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...