Sunday, April 11, 2010

Scratched Nose

Why does Cooper have a scratched nose, you might ask? Well, let me tell you a funny little story. And, I'll just start by saying that other than the little scratches, my little monkey is totally fine.

So a few days ago I was watering plants on our porch. If you've never seen our house, we have a raised porch that is about three feet off the ground. (You might see where this is going...but I promise there is a twist you aren't expecting!) So I'm watering and Cooper is standing behind me watching, kind of peaking around my side. Well, Coop decided he wanted to water too and suddenly he attempted to try to go around me. And, as you probably expected, there wasn't enough room to my side and Coop fell off the porch--he's fine, he's fine...I promise! HOWEVER, before he fell, he was holding on to my pants. And while he was falling, he didn't let go of my pants. My stretchy waist pants, mind you. So there I was, holding a watering can, standing on our porch, with my pants around my ankles and my little boy standing in the bushes!!!!!

I was instantly hit with a difficult decision--do I first pull up my pants or do I pull my crying son out of the bushes? I chose pulling up my pants first, and then while laughing hysterically, I pulled Cooper out of the bushes. Luckily, he only fussed for a few seconds. I, however, have laughed so hard I've cried the last couple of days as I've told this story!

Lessons learned? Wear tighter pants and beware of the bushes.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Have you noticed any neighbors being a little bit more friendly or hiding a smirk when they say hello??

PS: I've been laughing for days, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...