Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Full of Life

Cooper spent the night at Gammi and Poppi's house last night because Philip and I went to see the Norah Jones concert. (Amazing concert AND we got to meet her afterwards!)

Cooper had a great time at Gammi and Poppi's chasing Jack around the house, copying Poppi's every move, helping Gammi make dinner, and reading books with Auntie Ann. I love that he feels so comfortable over there. It's still difficult to leave him only because I miss him so much, but it makes it a little easier just knowing that he feels at home and always has a great time. My mom said that Coop started to miss me and began asking "Mama? Mama? Mama?" as they were going to bed, but he fell asleep with no problems and woke up a happy boy!

So, all that to say, Coop was such a happy, smiley, and lively little monkey today. (And don't get me wrong, he's happy and lively 99.9% of the time, but today he just had a little extra spark in him.) From the minute I picked him up this morning until the time he fell asleep tonight, he was, as Sarah put it, "full of life" today! I like to think that it was because he missed me and was so thrilled to have Mommy back, but more than likely, it's because that's just who he is--happy, loving, sweet, outgoing, silly, spirited...and yes, full of life! But...maybe a little because he missed me, right? ;)

So, a few super duper cute things Cooper did today:
  • When Cooper first saw Jackson at Gymboree today, he squealed, flailed his arms, and ran over to Jackson to give a big hug, which almost turned into a tackle.
  • He was silly, silly at Gymboree--throwing balls behind him, following Jackson around, and squealing and chatting nonstop!
  • Every time he looked at his Gymbo stamps today (clown stamps that he gets on his hands and feet at the end of class), he would excitedly yell "Gi O!"
  • Several times today, he would come up to me, pat my back, and say, "Mama." In which I would respond, "yes, Baby?" Then he would say, "Hi Baby."
  • At different times throughout the day, Cooper would let out a big, excited squeal, and then look at me, put his index finger to his lips and say, "shhh."
  • Coop is really into a couple of books that are filled with animal pictures, and when we read them today, he kept reaching out for the animals like he was waiting for them to come off the page and jump in his arms. It was so cute! He would look at me like, "why aren't the animals moving?" Then, I explained they were only pictures, and I guess he realized the monkey wasn't going to swing into his lap, so he leaned over and hugged each animal.
My sweet little angel. Full of wonder, curiosity, amazement, and life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...