Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cooper's Treasures

Every single day, I find little piles of things "neatly" tucked in areas throughout the house. Now, really, these items might be "things" to me, but to a certain two-year-old, they are his special treasures for the day. Things he won't let go of or out of his sight for anything! I love to see what he decides to gather up for his special collection and where he decides to stash his goodies.

Whenever he piles up his treasures like this, it's like he has a plan. He picks each item out and places it in the chosen spot. And, I quickly learned that when he has these little piles of things going, I shouldn't even attempt to put things away. He will notice, and he will call me out on it, "Uh oh, Mama!" And, he will immediately go around and create his little treasure pile again. So now, I just smile when I see these little piles and enjoy watching him work to create them.

In his little wagon: fire truck, legos, towel, stick horse
In his red car: dirt and a pumpkin
In my coffee maker: a sippy cup
In Philip's chair: a cable cord, leaf blower, truck book, lid to an old coffee pot, a set of keys, a toothbrush container, and a wooden stick
In a bucket: blankie, a flashlight, stegosaurus, two frogs, and an octopus

1 comment:

Ann said...

haha! This is great. When he was at our house this week, we played with the big storage container the Little People go in, and he added his tennis shoes & his slippers! lol. He knew exactly what he wanted in that container! Silly boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...