Things are looking great with Baby. I'm having lots of contractions, and some are hurting a bit, but nothing regular just yet. I've had my doctor appointments for the week, and I'm making progress, so my doctor said it could by any day now. They are estimating that he weighs between 7 and 7.5 now, so I'm hoping he comes soon! I don't want him to be any bigger. The plan is that if he isn't here on his own by Tuesday, October, 18, we'll induce that day. I'd rather not go that route, but with this cord thing, they won't let me go past my due date, with is the 20th. So, sometime within the next five days, our new little man will be here! Eeekkk!!! (Even as I type that, I can't totally grasp that concept. What is about to happen to our little world?!)Cooper has been such a great kiddo this week, which has been nice. We've had a few rough patches in the last few weeks, but this week he has been back to his sweet, funny, playful, good listening, loving and just great self. Phew! I'm hoping it's not the calm before the storm of when Baby arrives, but I'm trying not to think about that. And, my emotions seem to be more in check this week, which also has been super nice. I've really been trying to absorb all my time with him the last few days, too. We've been two a couple of different parks this week; we've fed ducks and had a picnic; we had lunch with my SWA friends and watched airplanes; and I've taken a nap with him almost every day.
I trying to fight off the sadness about losing my regular one-on-one time with Cooper. He's my little buddy and I know that won't change and I know that I'm just adding another little buddy. It will just be different. A difference I'm grateful for and can't wait to experience, but I know it will take some adjusting. For all of us.
So, Baby Brother. I can't wait to meet you, and I can't wait for you to join our family! I love you already and can't wait to have you in my arms. So...when will you be here??
1 comment:
catherine, there are literally tears and my eyes as i read this post. your bond with cooper is so sweet- i love it. and the part about "holding baby brother in your arms" takes me back to RJ's birth. so excited for you and your family! can't wait to get the news that you're on your way!
Post a Comment