We had the following conversation at dinner tonight, while talking about Annie and Allan's wedding...
Cooper: I don't want Austin to go to the wedding.
Me: Why not?
Cooper: Because it's too crowded.
Me: What do you mean?
Cooper: There are too many people. I don't want my baby brother around all those people.
Philip: It will be ok, Cooper. He'll be there with us.
Cooper: Who is going to look after him?
Philip: Well, me and Mommy and you.
Cooper: No, not me. I have to leave. With my friends. In my firetruck.
The conversation then turned to where Coop was going in the firetruck and who was riding with him. It was just a perfect glimpse at to where we are in life--consumed with all things fireman/firetruck/fire fighting and big, huge, love for baby Austin. It made me proud to see, yet again, the protective big brother in Cooper.
Cooper: I don't want Austin to go to the wedding.
Me: Why not?
Cooper: Because it's too crowded.
Me: What do you mean?
Cooper: There are too many people. I don't want my baby brother around all those people.
Philip: It will be ok, Cooper. He'll be there with us.
Cooper: Who is going to look after him?
Philip: Well, me and Mommy and you.
Cooper: No, not me. I have to leave. With my friends. In my firetruck.
The conversation then turned to where Coop was going in the firetruck and who was riding with him. It was just a perfect glimpse at to where we are in life--consumed with all things fireman/firetruck/fire fighting and big, huge, love for baby Austin. It made me proud to see, yet again, the protective big brother in Cooper.




No comments:
Post a Comment