This is the baby fireman who stays back in the firetruck or at the fire station when Fireman Cooper has to "get to work on an emergency!" because the work is too dangerous for babies.
Fireman Cooper is busy everyday rescuing a cat stuck in a tree; saving people from burning buildings; helping people find their way out of a forest; or helping a little girl out of the window. Several times a week, we'll go in the front yard and I'll hide Cooper's dinosaurs in the trees or bushes. Then, I call Fireman Cooper with an emergency, "All the dinos are stuck! They need your help! Hurry, Fireman Cooper!! Hurry!" Luckily Fireman Cooper is always quick to reply, in his worker man voice, nonetheless, "Don't worry, Mama. I'll be right there!" He brings his ropes, ladders, hammers and an axe and gets to work rescuing the dinos.
We are all consumed with fire everything these days. Cooper dresses in his full fireman uniform everywhere we go--the park, the grocery store, running errands, to a friend's house. Everywhere. Fireman coat, fireman hat (sometimes with the siren turned on), and fireman boots (now held together with red duct tape). He gets lots of attention and compliments, which makes him beam and, actually, quite proud of himself.

If you had asked me several months ago about age three, I would have told you I was ready for four to be here! But, for the last couple of months, I feel like we've turned a corner with the hardest challenges of three (well, for the most part) and I'm totally loving this age. And I totally adore my Fireman Cooper.





No comments:
Post a Comment