Monday, June 25, 2012

Austin: 7 Months

How are we at seven months already?!

At seven months, so far, Austin:
  • Loves, loves, loves, loves solid food!  This little guy can eat!
  • Sleeping?  We're still working on long stretches on night.  Needless to say, I'm tired of still only "napping" at night.
  • Just figured out how to clap, and is so proud of himself!
  • Every couple of days, he will make a new noise.  Sometimes it's a grunt; sometimes it's a growl; sometimes it's a gurgle.  He'll make the noise over and over for several days before moving on to a new noise.  Whatever the sound, I think he likes them because they tickle his throat, and I love to hear them.
  • He is full of babbles and chatter!  And makes the cutest faces as he gets louder and louder.
  • Started going from laying down to sitting up a few weeks ago.
  • A professional wiggler when it comes to getting his diaper changed.  I have to pull out every distraction I can think of to keep him still and even that only lasts about 3 seconds.  Needless to say, I've had to learn how to put a diaper on him while he lays on his tummy.
  • Loves his blankie.  I've noticed on the monitor several times when he's sleeping or falling asleep and scoots his hands around his crib looking for his blankie.  The second he finds it, he tucks it under his arm and settles in to sleep.  
  • He's sweet, cuddly, content, easy going, and starting to show signs of interest and intrigue in everyday items (bowls, spoons, cups).
Also at seven months, Austin loves to show off the biggest, best, happiest, squishy face smile I've ever seen.  He does this all day long, everywhere we go.  When people say hello to him while we're out, his sweet little face transforms into this smile and he buries his head into my shoulder.  So stinkin cute.
05.18.2012

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...