Saturday, March 27, 2010

First Easter Egg Hunt

The weekend before Easter, our neighborhood group hosted an Easter Egg Hunt for the kiddos. This was really Coop's first year to be able to hunt for eggs...as much as an 18-month old can hunt...so, I was excited to see what he thought about it. The week before the hunt, I bought some plastic eggs, filled them with Goldfish crackers, and we had a couple of practice hunts around the house. Coop caught on pretty quickly, and it became clear that his favorite part was seeing what was hiding inside each egg. Even though all the eggs had the same thing--goldfish--each time he opened an egg, he would smile really big like he had just found another new treasure.
Before the neighborhood hunt began, Coop checked out the field of eggs. He was ready to go with bucket in hand! (Who needs a traditional Easter basket when you can have a big green bucket from your favorite hardware store? I did tie a blue ribbon on it to make it more festive.)
Ready...set...hunt!

Each egg that Coop picked up, he had to open it, see what was inside, and then throw everything into his bucket.

After the hunt, Coop played on the playground with some of his friends. And, honestly, I think he had more fun on the playground than hunting for eggs!

Time to go down the BIG slide with Daddy! Not sure who had more fun--Coop or Philip?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...