Monday, May 23, 2011

Conversations

Some recent conversations with Cooper...

5.15. 2011
While sitting at the dinner table, Cooper was talking about Batman and Spiderman, and Philip asked Coop if he liked Superman.
Cooper: Superman? I like him!
Philip: What do you think about this? (Showing Cooper his Superman tattoo)
Cooper: Whoa! What you do? Daddy good boy, get tattoo!!

5.17.2011
Cooper to Philip: What you do today, Daddy?
Philip: I went to work. Worked on my computer. Went to a meeting. Came home and played with Cooper. What did you do today?
Cooper: I work on my (com)puter. Work in flowers. (No mention of the ducks we fed that morning!)

5.17.2011
Cooper and I were at a fabric store...
Cooper: Mommy, I have question.
Me: Ok, what's your question?
Cooper: (pointing to fabric) My question...what's this?
Me: That is laminate with cotton backing.
Cooper: Ok. (walks away then a few seconds later turns back to me) Let me know if you need help with anything. (Sales girl laughs, asking Cooper if he'd like a job at the store.)

5.18.2011
Cooper: Pretty neckess, Mommy. (Gently holding the diamond heart necklace I was wearing.)
Me: Thank you. Daddy gave that to me.
Cooper: Awww. That nice Daddy.

5.18.2011
I walked around the corner to see Cooper sitting in the front windows, with no mowers in sight.
Me: What are you doing, buddy?
Cooper: I just waiting for cement truck.
Me: Waiting for one to drive down our street?
Cooper: Yea. Not see one yet. I sit here.

5.21.2011
We had a cookout at our house and Fireman Paul was there. Cooper noticed smoke coming out of the grill...
Cooper: Ooohhh! Smoke! Lots of smoke!!! Where Fireman Paul?
Paul came over to assure Cooper that it was all a-ok.

5.23.2011
Cooper: Mommy, you ride horse. I ride donkey.
Me: Ok! Where are we going?
Cooper: Go on walk. We see mowers, leaf blowers, trees, maybe snake and rolly polly.
Me: Snake?! Yikes!
Cooper: It's ok. I protect you. And Drake.
Love. This. Age.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...