Thursday, November 3, 2011

Austin is Two Weeks

Two weeks? Austin is two weeks? How did that happen? Where did the last two weeks go?? At his check up yesterday, I'm happy to report that my little guy is growing like a weed! Normally, the goal is to have baby back at birth weight by two weeks. My little Austin...he was a whole pound OVER birth weight! I knew he was a good eater, but wow!



Birth weight (10/18): 6 lb 9 oz
Leaving the hospital (10/19): 6 lb 7 oz
Newborn check (10/21): 6 lb 5 oz
Two week check (11/01): 7 lb 8 oz

Overall, Austin is doing really great. He's a great eater, really efficient, in fact. With Cooper I felt like I was nursing for so long, but with Austin, it takes 20-25 minutes total. He still has nights and days a little confused, but every couple of days, I'm seeing improvement in that. He's sleeping in his bed overnight and either in his swing or on my chest (pure joy) during the day. I'll move him to his bed for during the day eventually, but I like for him to be around noise and lights during the day so he doesn't sleep too hard. He is an absolute little cuddle bug. He's fine not being swaddled, but I do swaddle him at night to help him sleep longer and to use that as a sign of night time. He's not too fussy, but that stage might be right around the corner. He's perfect. Totally and completely perfect, and I could not love and adore him more.



Cooper is doing really great, too, so far. He's being a great helper. Loves to watch and "help" me change diapers. Tickles Austin and turns on his swing or bouncy chair for him constantly. And, Cooper always makes sure that Austin has the blankie that Coop picked out for him. So sweet. The crying doesn't seem to bother Cooper...yet, and he hasn't woken up during nap time or overnight when Austin cries. Fingers crossed that continues. I think the hardest part right now is not being able to really go anywhere. We've gone to the park once and we play outside and in the playroom a lot during the day, but I'm not ready to take Austin out too much yet. Plus, I'm just so tired and sluggish in the mornings, it's hard to get our act together to go anywhere farther than the back yard. I want to try the Arboretum and feeding ducks with Cooper soon. I'll make those my goals for next week! (Or...maybe I'll do one next week and one the following. Don't want to set myself up for failure!)


All in all, our little team of four is doing a-ok!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...