Dear Time,
Please stop.
Love,
A Mom Trying to Absorb Every Baby Moment
At eight months, Austin:
- Is getting faster and faster at crawling around. His crawl has been called "the Spiderman Crawl" and "the Crab Crawl." Either way, it's so cute to watch him stick that little left leg out and swing it around as he makes his way around the house!
- Enjoys exploring the house and is almost always content when he's put down. At home, he usually heads straight for the buda statue, the plants, Drake's water bowl, or to the kitty door to find Mocha.
- Is already doing a great job at entertaining himself. I can put him down in the living room with some toys, while I make lunch in the kitchen and each time I poke my head over the counter, he's content just checking out his toys and everything around him.
- Loves to jump! At least once a day I put him in the doorway jumper and he goes to town! We borrowed one of those when Cooper was little, but he never really took to it. Austin...loves it!!
- Doesn't mind getting dirty. On our park trips these days, I let Austin play in the dirt or the rocks near where Cooper is playing. He won't crawl around on it, but he'll sit there and inspect everything around him, digging in the rocks, playing in the dirt. I end up walking home with two filthy little ones and we head straight for the pool or the bath!
- Is starting to get vocal if Coop is too rough or takes a toy from him. I noticed the other day that as Coop started to take a toy out of Austin's hand, Austin's grip tightened on the toy and he let out a loud "AAAAHHHHH!!" I took that opportunity to talk to Cooper about Austin's noises and what it means when he makes a sound like that. Before Coop knows it, Austin will be fighting back with more than grunts!
- Absolutely hates to have his face wiped off after he eats. He tosses his head side to side and uses both of his little hands to try to grab the wash cloth out of my hand all while getting more and more vocal.
- Loves to swing, just like his brother. (Yea!) Instead of putting his legs through the leg holes in the bucket swing, he sits in a little ball in the swing, with his knees against his chest or with one leg resting on the top of the swing. So cute!!
- Loves the water--the bath or the pool, doesn't matter. He loves to splash and kick his feet, and he's even put his face in the water a few times!
- Thinks Itsy Bitsy Spider is the best song around. It can stop tears as much as it can bring out giggles.
- Is happy, content, inquisitive, focused, curious, determined, mild mannered, cuddly, and absolutely perfect.
This is his "Jungle Book" pose. Every time he gets in this position, Coop and I start singing the 'Walk Like You' song from Jungle Book and Austin gives us the biggest grin.
Austin is full of smiles and laughter. And one of my favorite things to do with him right now is to have a little giggle fest. All I have to do is start laughing and look directly at him, and he quickly begins laughing, too. He laughs, giggles, squeals and squishes up his face. We can go back and forth laughing for a good 15 or 20 minutes, and it is pure joy to me. I love the way he smells and the way his soft skin feels. I love his noises and grunts and big yawns and little sneezes. I love his little fingers and chubby little feet. I love that he still has a little roll in each thigh. I love his kissable cheeks and dimply tushi. I love that he squishes up his entire face, wrinkles his nose, and closes his eyes when he smiles really big. I love and adore HIM!











No comments:
Post a Comment