We were in Atlanta for Coop's actual birthday, visiting Gram for her 95th birthday. She requested for everyone to go to a Braves game. We had a suite at the ballpark and I loved every minute of watching my sweet 95-year-old grandmother cheer and holler for the players! More on that trip in another post.
The day we left Atlanta to head home was Cooper's fourth birthday. I planned ahead quite a bit and made sure to bring gifts and balloons and candles, so he would have a really special morning before we headed to the airport. He was so excited to wake up that morning and realize it was his birthday. I hung lots of balloons from the doorway by his bed, and somehow I didn't get any pictures of him playing in the balloons, but lots of Austin, who L-O-V-E-D them.
Coop was excited to open all his fun goodies!

A full-size Bullseye to go along with Woody.
Gram came by before we headed out and gave Cooper the sweetest happy birthday hug.

This was the night before, while I was blowing up all the balloons for Coop. Every came down to our room, with wine in hand, and helped me get everything ready. There were so many laughs (thank you, wine) while we decorating and wrapping gifts. My cheeks were still hurting the next day.
AND, during our layover, Coop went up to the flight deck to visit the pilot. I was sitting in our seat with Austin, but I suddenly heard the sweetest little voice on the loudspeaker say, "My name is Cooper and I'm your pilot." He thought it was so cool that he got to talk to all the passengers on the plane! He still talks about it several months later. Such a fun birthday treat, for sure!
Happy Birthday, my sweet little fire fighter. I can't believe you are four. I am so proud of you and who you are. You (and your brothers and your daddy) are my whole world, and I could not adore you more! Love, Mommy



























No comments:
Post a Comment