Sunday, December 23, 2012

Friday, December 14, 2012

There are no words to describe today...

Philip and I were away from the boys for most of the day.  Not unusual for Philip because he works, but very unusual for me to be gone from morning until early evening.  When I met back up with Coop and Austin, I hugged those boys and felt a sense of protection, vulnerability, and overwhelming love.  How blessed I was to be able to hug and kiss my boys, every day, but that day in particular.  It just hit me a little harder.

When we got home that evening, after having dinner with Gammi and Poppi, Coop held my hand and said, "Mommy, wherever you go, I'm going to follow you.  I want to be with my family.  I loooove my family."  I know he hadn't seen or heard anything about what occurred in Connecticut that day, but it was a sweet coincidence.  Maybe being away from him all day?  The first thought that popped in my head after he told me he was going to follow me was, "Please do."  Quite different than the thought that popped into my head a few days prior when he told me he likes following me around the house.  At that time, I thought, "Can't I have two seconds?!

I'm taking in these boys every day because I can.  Because we're together.  Because I can hold them and hug them and kiss them.  And for that, we are beyond blessed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...