Monday, January 28, 2013

A THIRD Surprise

So, here's a story for ya...I'm pregnant!!!  Surprised?!  Yep, I was, too.  :)  Let me back up a bit...

In the fall, I just wasn't feeling well.  I couldn't figure out what was going on; I just thought I was tired, run down, needed more "me" time, needed more sleep...those kind of things.  Well, the day before Thanksgiving, I was sitting in Austin's room, just before we were to get on the road for Austin, and I started adding a few things up, all together, from the last couple of months.  My eyes grew a little wider when I thought about being pregnant...could I be?!  I thought it was slim, but...maybe?!  A positive test very quickly answered that question.  My mind was racing. 

Since it was a holiday week, my doctor's office was closed and I'd have to wait before I could call and get some concrete answers.  I told Philip immediately and our drive to Austin was...interesting.  We were both wide-eyed, in a daze, wondering how long this little one had been making a new home in my belly.

I was able to see my doc early that next week, and a sonogram revealed the sweetest little heartbeat of a tiny 10.5 week-old baby.  I started laughing, looked at the screen, and asked, "where did you come from?!"

It took several weeks for the news to sink in with Philip and me, but we are both excited and looking forward to meeting our sweet new baby.  Due date for Little One is June 30 and this Thursday, we find out if baby is a boy or a girl.  (Thursday also happens to be my birthday.  I can't imagine getting a better present on my birthday.)

So, here I am with baby #3 at 18 weeks!!

1 comment:

the bowlin family said...

you are going to love having three little ones to love!! so happy for y'all. congrats!! happy birthday too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...