Friday, January 25, 2013

Waking Up Austin

Today I saw yet another time when Cooper shows just how much he loves his little brother.  I went in to wake Austin up from his nap (I RARELY do this, but it was late and we had dinner plans), and Cooper snuck in the door with me.  He could have gone through that door, energy flowing, acting like a pirate or a fireman or an astronaut, flung open the shutters and turned on the lights.  But he didn't.  Without me even saying anything about being quiet as we wake up Austin, Coop tip-toed in and as soon as he saw Austin asleep, he turned to me and said, "Aww.  Look, Mama.  He's curled up with his blankie."  Then, he gathered a few stuffed animals and quietly and gently placed them in Austin's crib "so he'd have some more friends to cuddle with."  Then he stood there and stared at his sleeping little brother, reached his hand through the slats on the crib and gave him a little love pat.  So sweet.
After I opened the shutters, Austin began to stir and Coop, still in awesome-sweet-loving-big brother mode, reached up and gave Austin a hug and a kiss followed with, "Good morning, Little Buddy."  Coop proceeded to tell Austin why we had to wake him up and where we were going.  And, he made sure to tell Austin that he'll have fun at dinner and can go back to sleep when we return home.  So SWEET.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...