Thursday, July 4, 2013

"Hold Baby?"

The first day that Austin met Grayson, he was very curious about his new baby brother and examined him very closely.  But it wasn't until the second day when Austin showed any interest in holding Grayson.  I asked Coop first if he wanted to hold Grayson, and after he declined, Austin quickly asked me, "Hold Baby?"  He followed my instructions of hopping up on the bed and held out his arms for his new brother.
He stared at Grayson's little face for awhile, pointing out all of his parts--eyes, nose, mouth, ears.  Even the trucks on his outfit and the puppy faces on his feet.  Luckily, sweet little Grayson didn't mind getting poked by big brother.



When it was time to let go of "baby," this was the look I got.  Austin did not want to let go of his new brother.  Austin's little hands squeezed Grayson tighter, pulled him closer into his own body, and told me, "No.  Hold Baby."  (And still now as I type this, seven weeks later, Austin still asks on a daily basis to "hold baby.")

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...