Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cooper's First Bath

I can't believe my little man is already over one week old!  The past week has gone by so quickly, and we are taking in every minute with him.  He is getting more and more alert every day--opening his eyes wider and looking around, just taking in his surroundings.  I love how when I start talking to him, his little eyes go right to my face!  Melts my heart.  Cooper has this cute little half smirk that comes out every now and then.  I call it his Elvis smile.  

I've been worried that Cooper isn't eating enough because he falls asleep pretty quickly after he starts nursing.  But, today I found out that I was wrong.  Cooper is gaining weight!  His birth weight was 7 lb. 8 oz.; he was 7 lb. 2 oz. at our first doctor visit; and today, he was 7 lb. 11 oz.!   I was told that he falls asleep because his little belly is full!

Cooper didn't know what to think about his first bath.  He was calm in the beginning, but quickly found his lungs!  Luckily, bath time has been really fun ever since.  He gets so calm and seems to really enjoy them.  I think it might have something to the cute little alligator towel he gets to put on after he's squeaky clean!






2 comments:

The Perkins Family said...

I knew you would like blogging! :) Don't you just want to share every moment of your precious boy with all the people you love?!? I can't wait to meet him! We have other friends in Dallas that just had a baby boy 2 days ago, so we hope to come visit and meet all the little ones soon!

Ann said...

Megan's right, Cack! You're a great storyteller. Keep it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...