Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The First Few Days

If I haven't said it enough, Cooper is amazing. I am truly in awe of this little person and amazed he was the one growing inside me for nine months--this baby with long eye lashes and finger nails and knuckles and creases in his palm and wiggly toes and soft skin and the tiniest little hands. It just blows me away, and I am totally in love with him.

We've been doing pretty well at home. He'd much rather sleep on someone's chest than in his bed. In fact, last night after he ate, he fell asleep on my chest and I intended to just cuddle with him for a little bit before putting him down. But I was enjoying that time so much and kept dozing off myself, so I stayed in the rocker until 2:00 a.m. when he woke up to eat again! That's ok though, these days I couldn't want anything more than to just love on my new son!

Our first visit to the pediatrician went pretty well, but Cooper didn't like being naked and having the doctor check out all his joints, his eyes, ears, etc. So, Cooper did what any naked little boy might do, he pee-peed on the doctor! Oops!

Most of you know that our household is kind of like a zoo at times.  We have two cats (Mocha and Teva) and a 90-lb. Lab (Drake), and they all crave attention.  So the other night when Philip sat down with Cooper to watch the UT game, the animals just started to surround him. It was kind of like Noah!  The animals just came to him.  So, I had to jump in the picture to make our first complete family photo!

Philip loves being a daddy!  He just loves on little Cooper and walks around saying proudly, "This is my son."  They had lots of fun this weekend watching the UT game and the Cowboys game!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cute that your cat is currently bigger than Cooper. You 6 make a gorgeous family!
Pam Frost

The Perkins Family said...

What a cutie! Congratulations again! Catherine - Cooper looks so much like you in that last picture!!!

jjsmith said...

Isn't is just an amazing love?? I am so happy for you Catherine and Philip. We can't wait to meet you in October baby Cooper! I will get back to you with our plans. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...