Coop and I went to visit some SWA friends one afternoon and we ended up getting to fly a simulator for awhile. Coop was so excited to sit in the Captain's seat and see the flightdeck of a real airplane! He was asked to not touch all the buttons...a big request for a curious mind when sitting in front of one kabillion buttons! Luckily, he was on his best behavior...phew.

I pointed out a few features that I know and explained what they did (you know, I have flown a real 737!). I think he was so overwhelmed by all the gears, gadgets, buttons, and switches that he didn't ask many questions, but he had fun pretending to play with the switches and tell me we were "ready for takeoff!".

He told me we were flying to the beach!

The screens were turned on to where we were sitting in the hangar. Coop kept calling it a really big garage for airplanes.
It wouldn't be a trip to SWA without leaving with a few goodies! I kept thinking if only Cooper knew how lucky he was to be able to "fly" in a 737 simulator. Not an opportunity that comes along for many three-year-olds. Hopefully I'll get to take him again when he's a little older and able to absorb it a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment