Friday, August 12, 2011

Off to the Zoo

Before the weather got too hot, which now seems like FOREVER ago, Coop and I headed to the zoo for the morning. It ended up being a great day to go because it was before school was out and there were a few showers in the area, so we basically had the zoo to ourselves. Poppi called us with frequent weather updates and luckily the zoo didn't get a drop of rain!
Coop brought Gus along for the zoo trip. He was excited to show Gus how we feed the giraffes.
Our first stop was feeding the giraffes! This was our first trip to the zoo in several months and I loved seeing how Coop remembered exactly how to feed the giraffes and squealed with excitement as those long tongues reached for the lettuce right out of his little hands.

After checking out the elephants and lions, we headed over to see the Ooh-Oohs. The zoo recently acquired two new male gorillas, so Coop and I were excited to see them. It was neat to see two gorillas in the same enclosure, but they weren't nearly as large as the older male that we usually see.
Coop was excited to see the Ooh-Ooh statues and quickly ran over to them to give a big hug and kiss.

It totally reminded me of this picture taken from a visit to the zoo last summer!
Coop kept asking me to go see snakes, which he's never shown any interest in before, so we headed to the completely other end of the zoo. (Yea, maybe it took us 40 minutes to walk over there because someone had to stop and look at every nook, cranny, crevice, hole, and cage we passed. But, hey, we had no better place to be, so I just enjoyed watching him explore.) Once there, he loved finding the different snakes and lizards in all the cages. I kept hearing, "Whoa! Look this one! You see that green one?! Wow!"
What a fun, fun day I had with my favorite little monkey!
May 2011

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...