Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Fail

I have two pictures from Halloween.

This one...
and this one.
We had really fun plans this year.  Pizza party with Duncan and Abby, then trick-or-treating together to all of our neighbors.  However....a nasty little virus had other plans for Cooperman.  He had the most horrible, deep, barky cough, with 103+ fever.  I took him to the doctor earlier in the day and was told that he has "the virus that everyone has right now" and that he'll have a fever for a few more days.  Oh, great. 

Coop was so excited about Halloween and our fun plans with neighbors.  He was going to dress as a fireman (of course) and Austin was his dalmation.  And, he wanted Philip to dress as a pirate cowboy.  We had plans!

We decided that Coop could sit on our sidewalk and at least wave to Duncan and Abby, and he could eat a popsicle.  Then, we could go to just a few houses for trick-or-treating.  So at 5:30, Coop got dressed and said he was going to lay down until it was time to go outside.  Five minutes later, he was sound asleep in the chair.  I tried to wake him around 6:00 to see if he wanted to go trick-or-treating, and he barely moved.  As Philip picked him up to move him to bed, he woke up and starting crying, asking, "what about the pizza party and trick-or-treating with Duncan and Abby??"  So sad.  (And, Philip did end up dressing as a cowboy, but Coop fell asleep before he even saw!)

However!  We have the best neighbors around and when they all found out that Coop was sick and already asleep, they all said that when he's better, our street will just have a Halloween redo for Cooper.  Isn't that so great!  Up and down the street, everyone had the same response.  We told Cooper this as we were tucking him in and it seemed to help.  When he woke up the next morning, he walked into our room, holding the basket of leftover candy (that I left on the kitchen table), asked what it was and then laid his head on my chest and said, "awww..  I missed all the fun."  I quickly reminded him about Halloween redo and he perked up (as much as his sick little self could). 

So, two days later, he still has a fever and a cough.  And he's asked everyday, "is THIS the day I get to go trick-or-treating?"  We keep telling him it will be a few more days....a few more days...

Stay tuned for Halloween, Part 2!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...