Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen, at 12.5 Months, We Have a Sleeper

Yep.  Finally.  At 12.5 months, Austin Buddy has decided he can finally sleep through the night.  Phew.  My eyes have been burning when I wake up in the morning from being closed for so long.  I hadn't had a good, full nights sleep in over a year.  Man, it feels good, too!
I stopped nursing and the last feeding I dropped was the overnight one.  I knew that would be what would change his pattern at night, it was just a matter of knowing we'd have a rough couple of nights where we all, Cooper included, might not get much sleep.  It took about three nights.  Pretty rough, long nights, but we managed and we made it through.  And now, we put the boys to bed by 7:00 p.m. and they sleep until about 7:00 a.m.  (Sometimes Coop wakes up a little earlier or Austin wakes up a little later.)  It was a long time coming, and I'm so glad we've turned this page!

These sweet pictures were taken (with my phone) during our weekend at the WayBack.  Ironically, Austin did not sleep through the night the night prior to taking these pictures.  He woke up around 1:30 a.m. and after I spent about 45 minutes rocking and singing to him, Philip took over.  They went outside, rocked on the porch and looked at the stars for TWO more hours.  I think they both actually had a really great time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...