Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's All Fun and Games Until You Run Into a Jet Wing

I think the title says it all.  We played at the flight museum early last week and just before we were about to leave, Cooper decided his army men needed to play on one of the big army jets outside of the museum.  He was having so much fun, and I was working on getting my camera ready on my phone to take a picture, when I suddenly hear very loud crying.  I ran around the jet wing to find Coop holding his face, with big tears coming down.  He had run smack dab into the wing of the plane!  There was a lot of blood and I was found myself talking overly calm and slow to not only calm Cooper down, but to keep myself calm.  I finally got the bleeding to stop and didn't think we'd need stitches, but was glad for our first aid kit in the car!  It was pretty chaotic for several minutes--Coop was upset, trying to calm down, but upset nonetheless, and Austin was ready to G-O.  He, too, was crying and refused everything I gave him for a distraction--keys, no; snack, no; musical toy, no; band aid box, no, no, no.  I considered taking a quick picture of the chaotic scene that was happening around me, but didn't.  (But, now, I'm kind of wishing I had!)

I took this picture before the great wing incident.  Coop loved pretending to be the army helicopter pilot!
Luckily, Coop's fine.  He has a cut from the top of his nose, down toward his cheek.  It's looking better, and I don't think he'll have a scar.  But, it's been funny to hear him tell people what happened; his answer is pretty awesome.  The best conversation was one I overheard after I dropped him off at school, two days after the incident...

Cooper: Lila, I have a boo-boo on my nose.  (He said with his chin tilted down toward his shoulder.)
Lila: Ouch!  What happened?
Cooper: I ran into a army jet plane.
Lila: Wow.

Awesome.

This cute little picture was taken before the great jet plane wing incident.  He was thrilled to sit in the pilot seat of an army helicopter!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...